Friday, February 09, 2007

from singapore, with love

(All pictures are taken using my lousy Nokia 6233 :P )
The Singapore "Chingay" Parade is coming soon. On the 23rd of February, actually. Sounded like a lot of fun, but unfortunately, I won't be in Singapore anymore. I first found out about it as I was walking along Orchard Road and saw one of these things that they've been putting up on the sidewalk. On it, it says, Chingay Parade - Parade of Dreams. My first thought was that it was a Gay Pride parade! Because Chin Gay.. in Hokkien is like.. so gay. So... so gay parade lah. Plus, it's catch phrase.. or its tagline.. is gay.

Well. Just one of the interesting things you see in a window whilst shopping in Singapore.

PIES PIES PIES. ^_^

In a shopping mall, a lady with a harp, playing CNY songs.

2 cm shop assistant wanted.

One of the coolest bookstores ever. See how the bookshelves all slant to one side or another. The pillar is also slanted, btw. And so was the floor! And in the bookstore itself was an exhibition of art from tonnes of artists from different places. And they sell tonnes of books on design, art, photography, architecture, photography, animation, etc! So much fun. Eeeps. But they also have the normal magazines, novels, textbooks, etc. But I didn't have time for those. Was too busy flipping through those books on design. Yum!

Yip!

Random sculptures around the city. This one is wearing my brothers hat.

We went to eat at Marce! Totally yum. But still totally overpriced.

Such colourful art from Spain. I would LOVE to have these in my home.

Also, it's very windy up on the 19th floor. Just look at my *ahem* shampoo commercial hair. LOL. I swear. Homeless people who bunk outside on the balcony would freeze to death. :D
That's all for now. Will be leaving Singapore on the 13th. Amazing. By the time I leave, I would've spent t.h.r.e.e. weeks in Singapore! Taa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ayu~~~

oh btw i just saw ur mark in bintang plaza. apparently he's looking for his wandering bros haha. poor thing.
and yeah he sed ure in spore at the mo. next time bring me oso la! hishness.