Tuesday, October 02, 2007

witnessed my first dramatic car crash - yay

You may or may not have noticed, I have added Twitter to my blog! I'm making life easier for stalkers. Hahahaha. But I got so frustrated just now trying to set the damned thing up. Very frustrating. It got me worried wondering why my messages were not showing up. Turns out, that you have to be signed out of Twitter to see your messages on other sites. Huh??? I know. Weird.

But I give up. I'll try fixing it again another day. I'll just leave it the way it is currently. Haha.

**********

Last night, I went out with Mark and Laurence for a drink. Was kind of lazy actually, and Laurence was kind of lazy too, but Mark wanted to meet up to discuss what we should do over raya.

Boy, were we treated to a show or what!

Hahaha. We decided to go to Miri Cafe for our drinks. We were almost done with our first drink when we heard some screeching noise coming from the roads. I was facing into the restaurant, so I turned my head around to take a look.

I only expected to see some bastard driver being stupid again by speeding so much that he had to brake hard for the red lights. But hurrah, showtime!

Saw this white Kancil starting to spin out of control, that's when I turned my body so that I won't have to strain my neck looking behind me. At first it was alright, I really thought the driver could probably recover and stop his car, but that did not happen.

The Kancil spun three times, and then it's front right wheel caught the divider between the roads, flipped twice (that's when I went, "OMG." and covered my mouth. Yes, I'm such a cliché), landed the right way up, kept on rolling, hit an oncoming Wira (not head on though. The front right corner of the Kancil hit the front right corner of the Wira), spun out of control (again!!), and finally stopped when it's back left wheel got wedged onto a divider which was the only thing that stopped it from falling into the drain.

What was amazing was that the police showed up a minute after the accident happened! Hahahaha!

Oh, and of course as with any other time a car accident happens in Malaysia, whether big or small, time is manipulated, time slows down! Cars on the roads which were before traveling at 80km/h suddenly slows to 40km/h. You know Malaysians.

These two guys (one Chinese and one angmo - how relevant is this?) that were sitting and drinking at a nearby table finished their drinks and walked over to the newly made crash site. Several waiters and waitresses also left to check the accident out. Found out later from the waitresses (by listening to their conversations) that there were three people in the Kancil but no one died. And that they're all fine despite the drama!

Mark left Laurence and I to check the scene out too after awhile. He returned not long after that saying that the cars were fine too. The cars were not crushed in so badly and were surprisingly still okay looking despite what they've been through. And that's strange if you consider how fragile, thin, and light the Kancil is.

Btw, I think the accident was caused by the Kancil driver him/herself when s/he was speeding, swerving in and out of traffic trying to overtake everyone on the road. So... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!

Hehehe.

This morning, as I was driving to campus. I saw a Kancil halfway into a drain with these two ladies sitting on the ground beside it. I'm guessing waiting for a tow truck to come by and help them out. Hahaha.

I don't know how they ended up driving their car into the drain so I won't laugh at them.

Why all these funny Kancils and their funny reckless drivers.

PS. I really pity the innocent Wira driver though.

8 comments:

=Waniduckie= said...

Fuiyooo!! Eee lucky you....:P

Kim said...

hahahaha. and you know what's funny? i was wondering the day before why i never get to see such awesome car accidents. :P

lasapka said...

i notice, mostly the kancil drives faster than any other car on the road in our town.

Anonymous said...

I drive kancil n i dun drive like that..FYI, kancil owez bullied by big car like camry,honda,vios or even myvi...my guess that the kancil drive must be kiddo who just passed his Paloi lesen

Kim said...

chilskater: no idea about just that however yeah, young stupid kids lah. it's good that you don't. but i know how these big cars like to bully kancils. really pity especially for those kancil drivers who aren't bastard drivers. such as urself. :P

lasapka: actually, nowadays i don't see much of these kancils going around being driven by nuts. seems like the kancil drivers have calmed down.

i mentioned this to my friend the other day and he just replied very dryly saying that "it's because these kancil drivers now drive myvis."

hahahaha!

pinknerd said...

woah, sounds cool! hahaha, but these kancils ah.. they should realise they're so small and they SHOULDN'T SPEED. it's soooo easy to lose balance at erh, 90 kmh. (one of my brotherSSS drives a kelisa, lol)

Kim said...

yeah, they really should. also considering how flimsy they are.
whoa.. they lose control already at 90? hmmm.. no wonder that guy lost control. haha. i hope ur bro doesn't drive like a maniac.

Anonymous said...

very useful read. I would love to follow you on twitter.