Thursday, April 12, 2007

fingers crossed

Last night, I over to Boulevard to try exchange the router we bought on Friday just last week. The first guy I talked to was alright.. he was telling me that they can't do that right now cos their technicians have already gone back home.

Then some other guy came up to me, asking what was wrong. So I told him that I had reason to believe that my router was faulty because when we use it, regardless of whether we are connecting to the internet via wireless or via the lan cables, it was slow.

Then he asked, are you sure it's not the line that's the problem?

I said, yes, I'm sure. Because the reason why we bought this new router was because our old router back home recently failed on us. Because our old set up had a seperate modem and router, and only cos the router failed, I was still able to test the line by hooking up the modem to the phone line and then the modem right into my pc, and it worked just fine that way.

In fact, that's how I'm online right now.

Then he asked, who configured the router for me. I said, my dad.

I'll only start dealing with all these kinda stuff once I get a place of my own. Hehehe.

Anyways, he was talking in a really rude way to me lah.. like I don't know what I was doing and that the router wasn't faulty and that we are too incompetent to set up a network back home.

I don't blame him lor.. I was patient the whole time he was trying to talk and explain to me what was wrong and I could see it on his face that he didn't believe a single word I was saying. I understand because the general public can be quite dumb at this kinda thing.

But lah.. give me the benefit of a doubt, can? What what.. just cos I'm a silly little girl who came by all by herself, is it? Lucky I also know how dumb people can be so I didn't lash out at him for treating me that way.

But they told me that they would not be able to exchange my router for a new one. Only their supplier can do that. And the only way that they can get their supplier to exchange it for a new one is to let their technicians check it out for me.

So I returned this morning, together with Wani, to let them handle it. Then you know what or not?

An hour later after they've tried to set the settings right and all... they said to me. "Err... okay. You give us your name and your phone number then we'll call you when we get a new router from our supplier."

Muahahahahaha. In your face! IN YOUR MOFO FACE!

I asked them how long before they would contact me again, and they told me to give them 2-3 days.

But at 2pm just now, they called me up, saying that they already got the router. Huh!! That's only 2 HOURS, okay??

So... right now I'm wondering if they're lying to me... possibly just giving me the router that we originally bought back or what. Of course I have to be suspicious.. if someone tells you that the whole process would take 2-3 days but only took 2 hours in the end, you'd feel the same way I do.

Hopefully my swearing at them didn't equal bad karma for me. Haha.

2 comments:

=Waniduckie= said...

I shall not be responsible. Kekekeke!

Kim said...

i didn't blame you pun.. but since you mentioned it...