Thursday, August 30, 2007

and i've already gone shopping and overate

I am blogging for:
Wednesday, 29th August 2007.


I'm attempting some real time blogging. Something I'm lousy at. Wow. This trip has been so incredibly last minute. On tuesday afternoon, I smsed my mom at about 3pm asking her if I could go to Singapore, and at 4pm she came over and picked me up to go to town to pick up my plane tickets.

Then at about 10pm I started packing. Finished at midnight. Slept. Woke up at 6am. Showered. Hopped into car and headed to the airport. Mom sent me. Then I flew to Kuching. Flight went alright. Took only an hour. One aunty tried talking to me in chinese. I didn't notice cos I was looking out the window until I turned around and saw her looking at me. Eeps. Had to speak malay lor. How embarrassing. Touched down in Kuching and then I had to find the counters to check in for my boarding pass and all.

Had trouble finding it and ended up at the wrong counters first time. Then the lady there was so rude! Sorry lah I thought this was the correct counter. It was the immigration counter but I thought maybe I could get my boarding passes there as well.. since I didn't see any other counters around! (Turned out the counter I was supposed to go to was right outside but it looked more like an information counter and did not even have a proper sign!)

I want to bitch about this lady a bit, k? She wasn't friendly. So I made a mistake of going to the wrong counter. What lah. PMS is it? Maybe before I came up to her counter she was thinking about her own life and how sad and lonely she is. How she has no one to go home to. How much of a loser she is and how she ended up working at the airport stamping air tickets. What kind of life is that, right?? She's also ugly and has an ugly mug and she's fat fat fat. She got the perfect job to assure that she maintains that figure of hers! Simply sitting behind a desk all day and the only exercise she gets is lifting a stamp. Pfft.

I went to get my boarding pass and then I rejoined the queue for immigration checks. So I had to go through that same lady. Actually, at that time I wasn't even pissed at her. But the bitch had this scowly look on her face. I said, "thank you" to her when she passed me back my passport and she just scoffed. Like, totally wtf man. Yeah, that's when I got pissed. Go walk down a dank dark alley naked! Even rapists won't touch you.

Then I went to kill time by going to Coffee Bean. I'm not the kind of person who drinks those kind of drinks all the time though. I just wanted to waste time. What a way to do it, eh? Received attention from the boys working behind the counters there. Haha. It just reminded me of what my high school chemistry teacher said about how when your only aim in life is to find a husband, something about being gatal. Random.

kopi bean
Kopi Bean.

Soon boarded the plane. For some reason, whenever I fly through MAS, I always always get row 5. Which is the first row of economy class. I wonder if you have to pay extra for those seats or does my travel agent pull strings for me. Hahaha!

Something awful happened on the flight: lunch.

sick
Lunch that was served on the Kuching-Singapore flight.

They gave us a choice of either curry chicken or fish and potatoes. I don't take curry so I had no other choice but to have the fish and potatoes. Doesn't the sauce that they put on the fish look so questionable???? I tried my best to not think much about it when I first started eating but halfway through my meal I just couldn't do it anymore, lost all my appetite, and stopped eating.

Touched down on time. Hurrah. My uncle picked me up from the airport and they all went and had lunch at Swenson's. I didn't eat. I ate already and also, you know I know lah. My little cousins have grown up so fast! One's in her terrible two's stage and the other is just adorable! Last I saw them was during chinese new year.

Anyways, as soon as I got dropped off with my other cousin, Min (who's going off to Canada the next day), I went out again to Takashimaya. Not even time to rest properly. Was at Kinokuniya for awhile. Lost my cousin. We both went around the bookstore several times trying to look for each other. I gave up and hung out at the stationary section. Bought myself two pens and a mechanical pencil. So sad! My old mechanical pencil's been with me ever since primary school maybe! It was a Pilot Shaker pencil. Bought a new one cos someone's car air freshener spilt all over it. And then I also have to get myself a new pencil case (haven't found one yet) cos the zip on the one that I've been using for the past 6 or 7 years is giving out. Yeah, really sad. My most dependable stationaries and I'm replacing them.

I also bought socks from Far East Plaza. We went there because Min wanted to get a t-shirt printed. Then we were off for dinner with the family. Went to Amara hotel to have Korean food!

korean
slither
bulgogi

Most of the waitresses there couldn't speak english though. And they had a heavier chinese accent. We deducted that they might be from mainland China. Our waitress cooked the food right in front of us. Mmmmm.. and the food was awesome. Yeah, it's so unfortunate that we don't get Korean food as ass-kicking as this back in Miri. Ate till I felt sick. You know that feeling when you eat too much. You feel so unhealthy, fat, slow, and like throwing up.

After dinner we dropped by Min's new apartment, which they haven't moved into cos they're doing renovations there. I'm staying at my cousin's cousin's place.

This is Min. When I first saw her after arriving, I almost mistook her for my aunt! Hahaha. They look so much alike now that Min's hair has grown longer.

min
Min.

street
Us sitting on the edge of the fountain, Min looking through a book, me looking gangsta'.

book
Read with me!

moon
The moon was large, clear, bright, and pretty that night.

While I was taking that shot, the adults drove back to the other apartment abandoning both Min and I at the new apartments. Lol. No problem though cos we have legs to walk. Besides, the new apartment and her cousin's apartment is just across the street from one another. Not one of those huge highway roads. Just one of those sissy lorong roads lah. Hahaha.

pacifier
Saw this on our walk home.

cicak
This was in the elevator as we went up. Urgh. You know I hate cicaks, right?

There! That was Wednesday all blogged out! Of course, later that night, I was so tired.. I had to force myself to check my emails, chat a bit but not for long cos I couldn't stand how tired I was, and went to bed almost immediately after.

2 comments:

=Waniduckie= said...

Wow min look so diff. She looks older than her age with that highlight colour.

And eheh~ if u got jumpa that duck in a box thing there kan...buy for me one? Later i pay back....hehehe :D

Kim said...

ahaha. no prob. if i come across any, i'll get them for you. but you have to tell me which ones you already have.. afterward i buy you the same ducks you already have. :-/