Tuesday, July 24, 2007

at least my baby is good looking

"Cheh! >:( go see shrink pulak end up cuci mata. Sanggup tell the bf again. Hrmph.." said the boyfriend in reply in an SMS.

This morning I went in to Curtin to see the counselor. Blah. Nothing special happened. My brother was with me when I went over cos he wanted to get some school stuff done. Blah also.

There was a lot of new kids registering and paying their fees. Cos apparently, this sem, they changed the day of which they would let the new kids register and pay their fees to the second day instead of the first day of orientation week.

It was very crowded. So we had to wait for quite awhile before Aaron could have his turn up at the counters. In the meantime, I hung out with Ian and kept an eye out for any good looking new kids.

I asked Ian if there were any good looking new kids around.

"What?? You're free already meh?"

"Hahaha. Noo... Was just wondering. I need motivation to keep me going to this place. No good looking kids, eh? I might as well drop out now."

"Cheh.. Someday I'll get everyone here to wear a mask of Mark's face."

"Eeeee.... so creepy."

Yeah. So you basically guess what that SMS was about. Haha. I told Mark that there weren't any good looking new kids. Boo. But his reply was so cute lah.

There are more Australians coming in this sem. About 5 or 6 of them. Nothing special either unless you worship the ground that angmos walk on. If you do, you're so racist, man.


xxxxx


This reminds me of an issue my mom was talking about the other day. She was saying how when she was in KL the other day and visited some resort in the highlands. I forgot which. She noticed how Malaysians treat Malaysians like shit. But how they treat white people extra nice.

My boyfriend was around at the time. He said like, "Cos white people got money mar."

Then my mom said that it's not only white people who's got money. A lot of Malaysians are rich as well. The Chinese, for example. And there are a lot of Indians who are really rich these days too. Not to be racist or anything. And not to say that all Chinese and all Indians are super rich.

But it's so weird that you don't treat your own people with a little bit of respect. It's like saying that you yourself don't deserve any respect. You are not white either. You're a Malaysian as well, right? You know that saying. Need I even mention what saying I'm talking about?

Treat others as you would like yourself to be treated.

To quote my mom, "They are NOT gods."

She believes that we (Mirians) don't have that problem cos we're used to seeing them around all the time. Thanks to the oil and gas industry that brings these people in. So we know that they're no different than any other one of us.

Haha. Not to say that no one is special at all. But you know what I mean.

The point is, why would you treat your own people so badly?

It's retarded!

If you are Malaysian and you treat Malaysians nicely and treat white people badly, then this whole situation would make more sense. But nooooo... Malaysians are just so backward.

Hehe. This could've been my sempena bulan kemerdekaan entry.

I'm sorry. All these rotten apples really tend to spoil the whole bunch.

2 comments:

pinknerd said...

so true. i've given some thought about this and really, all i could come up with was just that, uh, they're gifted with the "good looking" genes.

maybe our society is drawn to the fact that they're prettier, taller, wow-ier and whatnot. and they make internationally recognised box office movies ;S

i have more to say, but uh, when i get the words right. haha. i don't dig whites though. and i think malaysians need to change their mindset.

Kim said...

i agree with what you're saying though.

i suppose a large part of our fellow msian's "sakainess" is due largely to the media.

you know, if asians had dominated the media world first, westerners might just be the ones "worshiping" the ground we walk on. :P