Saturday, July 07, 2007

singapore's orchid garden

Wow... there are actually tonnes to blog about. I have tonnes of pictures that you haven't seen yet. Hahaha. And I was planning to blog about all of them but oh well.. just got busy and all that. So... hope you don't mind that the stuff I'm about to blog about is a tad bit expired.

Pictures for this post will be a tad bit big. One of the mornings in Singapore, we followed my aunt over to the Botanical Gardens because we wanted to check the place out. And also since my aunt was going for her daily morning exercise so why not?

DSC09079

While Mark and I were walking around taking pictures of each other.. this guy that was exercising nearby came up to us and offered to take a picture of the both of us together. That was a nice thing to do! I was a bit wary about handing my camera over to someone I didn't know.. but we were in Singapore and you can afford to be more lax about these kinda things than say in places like maybe India?

DSC09082
I look so fat.

We didn't go around the main garden cos we didn't want to waste time. So we went straight to the Orchid Gardens. To enter that place, we had to pay an entrance fee. Otherwise, just entering the botanical gardens would be free.

DSC09085
Haha. Mark.

DSC09089
I liked these orchids. The shade of purple is just so appealing to me!


There were also special orchids that were genetically engineered. These orchids were made by the people right there responsible for the botanical gardens. They would usually name these orchids after famous people who would visit the gardens.

In fact, they even made one for me!

DSC09106
Ahahaha! Unfortunately they spelt my name wrong! Oh well...


These are the orchids specially engineered for me!

DSC09108
You know.. I just realised "I" also visited the botanical gardens before I was born. Hmmm. Could I have been wrong about the orchids not being for me? =(

DSC09118
Cam. Whore.


Btw, I lost those earrings. Which was too bad cos I really loved them. Mark bought them for me. Sort of anyway. =( I think I lost them when I went over to Seremban for the Chinese New Year celebrations. Took them off.. and then they just completely disappeared! Sigh. So sedih.

DSC09123

DSC09126
Tourists.

DSC09136

DSC09144
Cute fountain.

DSC09124
Is this a weed?

DSC09134
Landscape.

DSC09142
Cute lah all these decorative garden things.

DSC09152
What the point of blogging about a garden if I don't put it's residents up on show?

DSC09154
This flower is kinda freaky.. cos it was so big. It was like a monster mutant orchid.

DSC09158
I love the colours on this orchid!

DSC09160
For some reason.. when I look at this picture... a mental image of the Alien from like, Alien Vs. Predator comes to mind. Some deep psychological problem maybe?

DSC09176

DSC09193
So many different colours.

DSC09211
Look at the little fatty! Hahaha.


Btw, that place was really cool. It was like a huge refrigerator which Mark and I truly appreciated after walking around in the sun that whole morning. I don't think I have to explain why the place is like a giant refrigerator. Duh. It's for the plants that prosper in cold climates.

And now for the pretty landscape shots...

DSC09220

DSC09221

DSC09222

DSC09228
Whatever lah.. I know it's not a landscape shot.

DSC09233
Yata!! I did it!!


I tricked Mark into doing that shot. He was actually looking the other way when I yelled, "YAAATAAAAAA!!" then he turned around and put his hands up to join me to say YATA! as well but I had my camera already focused and ready and took this snapshot. Haha. Sucker. Teeheehee!!

DSC09238

I look like a damn freak but like, I dunno.. it's either my tired face or my I want to shower face or my staring at the sun face. Can't remember. Haha. Could be all three!

The Botanical Gardens is a very beautiful place to visit. And a must go! And you must especially visit the Orchid Gardens. You don't have to go around the main garden. Just go visit the Orchid Garden is good enough.

But if you have the time, do both.

It's even better if you could pack a picnic basket, go the the gardens, and just sit about, enjoying your food and the scenery. Did that before too when I was younger. It was fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful picture of flowers.
zach
www.xperienceoflife.blogspot.com

Kim said...

hullo zach.
thanks!!
hey, u were there at the blogger's meet, weren't you... i recognize that blog address. :P