Sunday, October 08, 2006

curtin carnival and two boys birthdays

Since I feel very much like slacking tonight.. I guess I would blog about my weekend.

I woke up late on Saturday. At about 10am. Okay, so it's not that late by teen standards but I felt like it was late since lately I've been having to wake up at 8am for classes.. actually.. 7am to get ready for classes but I've been running late this whole entire week. I don't know what's wrong with me. I keep waking up later than planned and being so very deaf to my morning alarms. Sleeping right through them and all.

Ah, anyways, I was practically like a blob that didn't get enough sleep when I woke up although I think I did. So I slittered around the place before taking my shower at 12pm. Hee.

Mom brought my siblings and I out for lunch since I didn't have any breakfast. We all went to Grand Palace Hotel for some dimsum which we didn't get to finish because halfway through the meal, my little sister threw up. Yups. She has been sick the whole week. Poor thing. Lucky thing though. I managed to fill myself up before we had to leave.

Sent my two siblings home then went out again to get the cars washed. My mom and I anyway. Urgh. It took them so long to finish washing the cars. I felt like I was gonna lose my mind. My head started spinning because I couldn't take sitting there any longer. Yes, I'm someone who fidgets around a lot because I don't like staying in one place for long periods of time.

Although the hours I spend in front of the computer says otherwise. Ha!

Anyways, I was supposed to pick up my brother and my cousin after I got the car washed at 3pm. I went to get the cars washed at 2pm. But they only finished washing the cars at 3.40pm.

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

So, rushed to pick the both of them up and rushed right to Curtin. From the carpark, I could hear a song that my friend, Derek's, band was playing. And I promised him that I would be there to record his performance so that he could send the videos to his girlfriend. He would be playing the bass. Mweh. First time ever seeing him perform in public.

Anyways, good thing was that they only just started. It wasn't a very bad performance, btw. Pretty good too actually if compared to other bands that have played in the past for the carnival.


My good friend, Derek, whom we always make fun of for looking like a chinese pop star. Muahaha.

And you know what he said? "Wah! Kim! You're wearing a skirt lah. Come come. Must take picture this!" and then he turns to a friend standing beside me, "Eh, you know ah.. this girl.. very rarely wears skirt! Help help take picture for me." :D "Hehehe."

There was another performance after that by the Otaku Club president which got me going: ~_~

Man. That girl is delusional. The Otaku Club is a new club in Curtin of which consists of members that are crazy about manga, anime, cosplay and the like.

Aaron first told me about her when he said that she came over during orientation week to introduce the club to the new students. During her presentation, she put on a false anime voice which Aaron said, scared him. I don't blame him. And then he said that at one point during her presentation, the person who was helping with the slides forgot his cue and didn't change it.

So at that moment, she turned around, and said in her normal voice in a garang way for him to change the slide. And then when she turned about around, she became all animated again. Whoa. How fake is that? :D

No offense to other Otaku Club members. I showed Mark later that night the video I took of her performance and all, he told me that he knows that girl cos she was new the time he was a SOAR Advisor and said that she doesn't really think much before she speaks or acts which is I guess the reason for her being deluded. :D

I'm SO mean. *punches air* But at least I didn't put up a picture, mmmkay?

Didn't stay long because I had a dinner to attend later that night. What's the occasion you ask? The celebration of two birthday boys. One of them being Mark. The other being my dad.

Yes, shocked? Hahahaha. Their birthdays are only a day apart too.

Gah. The coincidence. My mom decided to arrange a special dinner for the both of them. People present were, my family, cousin Greg's family, and Mark.

Things said over dinner:

Cousin Greg: Why is a suckling pig called a suckling pig ah?
Dad: Because the pig is young and is taken away as it is still at its suckling stage.
Cousin Greg: Oh. Then why is pecking duck called pecking duck leh? Its taken away when its at its pecking stage? Heh heh heh..

Mark: Eh, what if it's called pecking pig and suckling duck?
Kim: ??? Can pigs peck and ducks suck?? *duh*

Mark: How do you tell the difference between a female and male catfish?
Cousin Greg: The females don't have misai!
Everyone: -_-"



Suckling pig.


Pekking duck.


When the food came out, everyone whipped out their camera phones and started taking pictures.

Oh gawd. Sakai lalu. :D

Anyways, this is Mark and I later that night.


He doesn't like being kissed.


I don't like being kissed
and poked.


Aren't we
tres adowable? Hee.

No comments: