Tuesday, September 11, 2007

i found magic shoes

Sunday, 2nd September 2007

T'was Sunday so we all went to St. Bernadette's for Sunday mass. The Father has a funny way of speaking. Almost like Father Vincent, except with a Singaporean accent. And he still speaks faster than Father Vincent. Hehehe. Usually after mass, we would all walk across the street to Great World City mall for lunch and that's what we did.

We had our lunch at Crystal Jade Restaurant. It was damn full and we had to wait awhile before we could be seated. And then, we ordered so much food! Dim sum, peking duck, noodles, rice.. we were all full and still had a whole huge plate of untouched peking duck meat. So we took that away for dinner.

Oh, Great World has like, themed toilets on every floor. The one we went into had a Japanese theme and I think if you went one floor down there was an Egyptian themed toilet. Luckily I wasn't arrested for taking pictures in a public restroom. Hahaha!

themed toilet
japanese themed toilet

I went to the cinema and bought movie tickets for my grandma, my sis and I. My grandma went to watch 881 first. My sister and I were going to watch Ratatouille but our movie was only at 3 so we went around the mall shopping. Whee. Bought myself a pair of flats from Dorothy Perkins. Usually these kind of shoes don't fit my feet but this one does! So I bought them. They are my magic shoes. Hahaha.

dorothy perkins
They're really soft and comfy too. My feet drifts off to sleep in them.

Soon enough, it was 3pm so Andy and I made our way up to the cinema. My mom and aunt sat in McCafe the whole entire time we were in the theater. Although I bought the tickets three hours before the movie was to start, most of the seats were already sold out. Also, since they did not provide me with a seating plan of the cinema, I was not sure how much in front our seats were. The girl said that Row C was the only row left that was furthest from the screen that were available. So I just said okay. How was I to know.

Once we went into the cinema, Andy and I found out that our seats were only three rows from the screen. Erks. Everything was super big and I was lucky I did not end up getting a stiff neck by the end of the movie. Got a little bit dizzy though cos everything was so huge.

Damn, Miri, our cinema is so sad in comparison. The cinema was huge, ok! There were so many rows of seats and the whole place was sold out. Poor people in the first row. I hope they managed to enjoy the movie despite having to look straight up just to watch it.

And their seats were soft and comfortable.. the armrests were large enough to share and there were appropriate places to place our drinks. Miri's cinema seats are falling apart, the cushions have gone down from all the bottoms that have passed through, the seats are shaky from awful people who couldn't sit properly.

Oh oh! And you know what?! NOBODY'S LOUSY HANDPHONE'S RINGTONE WENT OFF!!! And no one answered their handphone and talked loudly despite other people trying to enjoy the movie. Sigh. Mirians are so rude and inconsiderate sometimes.

ratatouille2

Anyway, the movie was really fun and I enjoyed it! Oh, the way they made the food look.. the whole process of making a good soup.. how that little rat had so much passion to make good food.. that movie was so inspiring. I want to cook and transport others to heavenly places too!

paris_ratatouille_lg

Yes, I enjoyed the movie. It was funny, cute, and inspiring. The CG was once again, gorgeous. Hey, I want to go to Paris and try out all this "gourmet" food. I never understood gourmet food. Why they would make delicious things only to disappoint with how much they would serve you. It's like you can only have a taste of heaven, but you can't have anymore than that. I sound so greedy! But really. If their food was so nice, why do they torture themselves by having so little?

But I finally understand after weeks of not having any appetite! Cos the entire time I was in Singapore, I was never once hungry. I only ate because other people ate. And almost everytime, I wasn't able to finish my food. Maybe gourmet food are for people who don't have the appetite to eat. Hahaha!

After the movie, we all went home. And I decided to move to Evelyn so I went back to Marimosa with my aunt to gather my things but in the middle of packing everything back up, my mom called my aunt to say that we left our shopping bags back in McCafe! Oh no. My magic shoes!!

My aunt made a call to McCafe in Great World and luckily they found the bag. Phew! So after I was done with my packing, my aunt and I had to drive back down to Great World just to pick up that plastic bag. If we had lost it in Malaysia, the bag would've probably been taken. Gone! Haha. See how much faith I have in Malaysians. But you can't blame me cos you know it's true.

After picking up the bag, went back to Evelyn for dinner - our leftover peking duck meat plus a few extra dishes we managed to cook up.

No comments: