Wednesday, September 26, 2007

rules were made for a reason, rules are meant to be broken

I am evil.
I laugh when people die.
But only at stupid people who die in stupid ways.
Yes, I am so evil.
I say, "Serves him right!" at a mother who loses her child for being so irresponsible for letting her child use a motorbike when he's still under aged. Just because she's too lazy to drive him around.
I laugh at a family who loses a dad who choses to use a "shortcut" instead of the proper way around just because he drives a motorbike which means he can go off road. Just because it's only close by. Just because he's been using that illegal shortcut in years and nothing's happened.
Rules were made for a reason.
Rules are meant to be broken.
Rules were made for a reason.

6 comments:

DDeden said...

hmm freaky mood eh?

I wrote this to somebody once:

Good rules are made for fools
which we all will sometimes be
Bad rules are social tools,
just restraining you and me.

but kind of whatever now...

Kim said...

well, in a way you may be right. for one, traffic rules are good. bad rules such as.... either forcing girls to wear a head scarf or restricting them from wearing head scarfs are just stupid.

DDeden said...

head scarf? My nenek always wore one, my mom seldom, but when she got breast cancer, the chemotherapy treatment caused some hair loss, so she wore wigs and scarves then all the time.

Dress codes increase uniformity, decrease creativity; both for better and for worse.

I wear a hat much of the time, I have no idea if that gives me a free ticket to paradise, but I know it keeps the sun and rain out of my eyes and the dust out of my hair. I never dive with a hat. :)

Kim said...

well, the only reason why i think that is a stupid rule is because well, so i heard.. in your religion, how covered up a person is is only dependent on that individual herself and that it is not sinning not to wear a headscarf.

so the fact that they want to force ppl to wear these things, is just bad simply because it was never a requirement for that religion in the first place.

and vice versa. if a person wants to wear a headscarf, why should you bother and say that it's not allowed? it doesn't mean anything if she chooses to wear one or not.

that one is a very strange rule indeed. it's good we dun have that kind of thing here in east malaysia. whereas in west malaysia you could run into situations like these.

DDeden said...

Well if my future wife
wants to wear a scarf,
fine with me, if not,
fine with me.

I can't fuss either way.

As long as she sometimes smiles
and giggles every once in a while
and loves the kids and me
then I know there is a God.
amen.

Kim said...

agreed.