Friday, November 17, 2006

cayman islands


Kings of Convenience - Cayman Islands

Artist: Kings of Convenience
Title: Cayman Islands
Album: A Riot on an Empty Street
Year: 2004





Been relistening to this song lately. It's an old song, I know. It was first introduced to me by a friend. Glad he did cos I loved this track. It's funny because this song, even after these few years, still sounds great to me. It helps mellow me out. And unlike other songs, I can listen to this one when I'm happy/sad/stressed/angry whereas with other songs I feel that I can only listen to a them when I'm only happy/only sad/only angry/only stressed. Definitely one of my favourite songs, ever.

Through the alleyways to cool off in the shadows
Then into the street following the water
There's a bearded man paddling in his canoe
Looks as if he has come all the way from the Cayman Islands

These canals, it seems, they all go in circles
Places look the same, and we're the only difference
The wind is in your hair, it's covering my view
I'm holding on to you, on a bike we've hired until tomorrow

If only they could see, if only they had been here
They would understand, how someone could have chosen
To go the length I've gone, to spend just one day riding
Holding on to you, I never thought it would be this clear


3 comments:

Michellious said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michellious said...

Hey! You like this song too? Kewl! My mum loves this song, that's how I became attached to this song too. Hee~ Soothing track, this one. :) And the music video is very artsy. =D

Kim said...

yearps. that's what i love about it. it's soothing. reminds me of summer breezes where you spend the whole afternoon by the beach. yay. i'm glad i know someone else who likes it too. :D