Tuesday, November 28, 2006

impromptu movie marathon


The other day, Mimin and Wani came over for an impromptu slumber party slash movie marathon. I can't remember which day it was though... oh yeah, it was Thursday night. Our marathon lasted for only 3 movies before everyone started dozing off. Hahaha. What did we watch? Brokeback Mountain (none of us had watched it before and were curious), Red Eye, and Night Watch (some Russian flick).

Brokeback Mountain: The Gay Cowboy Movie
Sadly sadly sadly, I wish it did, honestly! But it didn't manage to break out of that whole being deemed the Gay Cowboy Movie thing. After watching it, it was still.. the Gay Cowboy Movie. I know I'm mean. Get over it. Besides, they were both cheating on their wives! Living lies! Sneaking away each weekend just to be with one another?? I know they both really loved one another.. and it was really a movie about love. But it still doesn't change the fact that they both lied to their families. But I admit I found the movie disturbing. The many love scenes that was in it.. yeah. I just was not used to all that. I only expected one kiss but got much more than that. I kept hiding behind the little cushion I was holding everytime those scenes came on.. almost like I was watching a horror movie. Ahahaha.

Red Eye: Oooohh.... Rachel McAdams!
Yeah, Rachel McAdams was in this movie. It was an OK movie. Not bad, but nothing to shout about either. Rachel plays Lisa who works in a hotel and is threatened on her flight back to Miami to move some politician into another room from the usual room where he would usually stay in the hotel that she works in so that terrorists can kill him. Lisa is then confronted with the choice of whether she should do her duty and protect the politician and risk her father being killed or vice versa.

Night Watch: The Russian Flick
Suprised me with the visual effects. Stunning. Wished I was able to keep my eyes open long enough to figure out what was going on in the movie though. All I remember were light and dark knights who were at war with one another, witches, killing babies, love potions, vampires, hunters, something about The Other.. and that was it. I fell asleep. Couldn't help it as much as I really wanted to stay up and figure out the story. Also, I heard that the subtitles went off halfway into the movie and only came back on when it was close to the ending. Plus, I think a lot of stuff might've been lost in translation. So, does anyone else know what it was really about? Please tell me.

Then everyone eventually retired to bed at about 4am. I got up earliest. Call me nuts or whatever, but I just wasn't able to stay in bed. Everyone else got up at least an hour later. Bwahaha. I've been watching movies a lot lately. I could probably write at least three movie reviews a day, actually. But you know how people won't be bothered to read things like that. :P

7 comments:

WaNiDuCkiE said...

hahahaha mimin so stylo~

i shud've taken a pic of u hiding behind those little cushions of yours....ekekeke

Kim said...

eh, it wasn't only me who was hiding. you were doing it too! :P

pinknerd said...

Omg, was Brokeback really that disgusting? I wanna watch it, but I dont have the guts.

I'm too young for Gay movies, hehehe.

Kim said...

hahaha.. when I was watching it I couldn't help going, "omg. is he hitting on the other dude now? is this it? eeeee... are they gonna kiss? wait... what are they doing..? OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!" *hides behind cushions* "WHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY"

It's not disgusting, really.. I mean.. if you think about it.. they're only doing what their characters would if they were real. :P

Plus, I was really unprepared for what happened in the movie. -_-"

PS. I'm NOT a homophobe.

me_yasmin said...

Pinknerd - Brokeback Mountain is NOT disgusting. It's the bestest movie, evarr!! At least, I think it is. I didn't really pay attention to it except when they guys start making out. Very Hot. If you're into that kind of stuff, that is ;)

Kimi - I wants my DVD baaacckkk!!! I need to watch it again XD

pinknerd said...

HAHAHA.

Marie:I think I can imagine you behind cushions!I wanna watch it, but.. there's alot of buts la.I've seen lesbians.. err, getting intimate (thanks to a friend :P) I'm not sure I wanna go through with that again. Eeek.

Me_yasmin: ....... On second thought, maybe I'll reconsider? :P

Kim said...

Mimin: Eeeeeeeeee.... I'm OKAY with emo guys making out cos you know, I KNOW they do that. (I know, stereotyping but pfft!)

But these guys are COWBOYS man! they're supposed to be all fit and sexy and sweaty from working out in the sun.. and like.. looking so totally hot riding horses at full gallop while roping cattle.

and you know.. they're maybe every woman's fantasy and that movie ruined it. :( they're so pansy now.

Pinknerd: Lesbians? Hehehe. Lesbians i'm fine with.. they're somehow more socially acceptable. In my world, at least. I dunno about everyone elses but it seems that way to me. But it doesn't mean that I want to see them making out either.