Wednesday, November 01, 2006

how it basically evolved


This is the position I usually take when I'm lying in the back seat of my aunt's car with Mark after church. Teehee.

Anyways, anyone noticed anything new about my blog? Or did everyone just come in and go, "Hey, wait! This isn't what Cupcakes and Muffins is supposed to look like.." and then prompty exits my blog without telling me how nice/horrid it now looks.

Doesn't matter anyway. I mostly do these things for me. It took a couple of days to get everything together, to create the graphics, yes, simple but it took awhile to come up with them because I wasn't satisfied with the maybe 100,000 other samples that ended up only in the bin.

And then there was the coding. Had to sort of relearn how to code again because I haven't really been HTML in ages. If you're gonna ask me how I did it.. or how I learnt it.. it's completely by trail and error!

I remember starting out back in Secondary school with FrontPage. Thought it was fun and then I set up my own little website on Angelfire and Geocities as well as a various other webhosting service sites which I have now forgotten. Eventually blogs were invented. Which made posting my writings easier and much more simple. I signed up with Blogger first and then signed up with Xanga as well just to see which would be better for me. You can guess which one I chose to use since I'm still with it after all these years.

Learnt how to edit templates in blogger by refering to FrontPage, surfing sites that gave tips on HTML and viewed the source codes of other blogs as well as normal websites. Does that sound like stealing to you? :P Well, that only happened when I needed to know how that person did something or I really liked what they had on their sites.

Then enters in Photoshop. And this is what you get. Which isn't much considering how unprofessional it still is.

But whatever, you know? I like it.

I hope you all like it too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually i prefered the previous layout pic (cakes n etc) with the short tagline (i forgot what it says but i know it's worth ard 2cents or sth). i thought that was kinda original.
and it's more eye catching.
oh well. wtv that suits u =)

Kim said...

lol. well. the tagline.. i did use it (2 cent pastry) as i was editing the header but i didn't know if it really made any sense or not..

lol? u preferred the other header with the cakes? hoho.. but that one i buat cincai betul, tau? wanted to use cakes but uh.. couldn't find any pictures i could use. eheh.

so just sticking to the damned flower for now.